Sunday, October 18, 2009

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

This year I decided to be gutsy and create the kids costumes this year, at least Delaney and Patrick's. Last year I was stuck waiting for my car's tune up and the Marth Stewart show was on and they were making no sew costumes. It was a great show full of fun fall/Halloween ideas. So this year when I was trying to come up with a family theme this show popped into my head. I decided to go with Little Red Riding hood for our theme. The costumes were supposed to consist of a hoodie. But unfortunatly you are hard pressed to find them here for some reason. I started looking for the pieces I needed in early September. I found most every thing but the hoodies. So I decided I would try the same idea but just to modify it. I figured it would be too hot for a hoodie in the first place. So for Delaney's costume I already had the red shirt but I got her a red skirt. Then I purchased some red fabric for her hood and cape. Next for Patrick I bought him brown pants and the felt I needed to make the face for the wolf. I thought and thought of all the different ways to come up with a hat for the wolf. Desperate, I went up to Walmart again last week in search of something I could use for a hat. I picked up a beenie, which might have worked. And then after 2 hours there, ah ha! In the girls section they had a, not only plain brown hoodie, but a fake fur brown hoodie! Perfect! So Patrick's wolf turned out awesome! The face turned out pretty scary too. The kids look precious in them. They tried on the finsihed products to see how they looked and for a few photo ops. Adam is going to be the wood cutter. I am going to be the Grandmother, and Nolan is going to be a litte woodland creature, a turtle. I cant wait to get a picture of all of us together!

Marth Stewarts sample of the Costume. I like ours better :) http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/halloween-costumes-for-the-whole-family#slide_35

Also as a side note, I love to enter contests! I never win but I always like to try. So I entered the kids in the PBS Kids Sprout Halloween Contest! The requirement was that the costume had to be home made. They pick a winner each weekday every day in October. If they win they get a gift basket. So I sent in a picture of them, lets hope they win!

<:AtomicElement>

Here are the finished products!




Patrick's super scary wolf face, lol



















































No comments:

Post a Comment