Decorating for Christmas
This year was the first year for the kids to experience having a live Christmas tree. Adam stopped by the tree lot after classes to pick up one. I told the kids Dad had a surprise for them. They were elated to find it was a "gigantic" tree. In the past I used a small 6 ft fake tree. We put it on top of a table in the living room to keep the little hands away from the fragile ornaments. We decided to brave it this year with a tree on the ground and a real tree would be a neat experience for them. Adam chose an 8 ft Noble fer. It is a soft, full, beautiful fragrant tree. Adam and I decorated it when the kids went to bed.
So far we havent had major problems with the tree being touched. Nolan likes to throw the balls on the tree so we had to move those up higher out of reach.
This morning Saint Nicholas arrived bringing chocolates and small toys for their rain boots, under the tree.
I do not think that we will be putting any wrapped gifts under the tree, as I do not think they will last long in their wrappers.
So far we havent had major problems with the tree being touched. Nolan likes to throw the balls on the tree so we had to move those up higher out of reach.
This morning Saint Nicholas arrived bringing chocolates and small toys for their rain boots, under the tree.
I do not think that we will be putting any wrapped gifts under the tree, as I do not think they will last long in their wrappers.
House Lighting
This year I did the outdoor lights. I love decorating with lights. I have done them in the past, but this is the first year for me to put them on the roof alone. Adam did it one year and the other year my brother, Cade, did it for us. It really was an exhilarating experience. The kids were in the yard giggling and having a blast watching me up there. It wasn't nearly as scary and difficult as I was expecting. All those years of Gymnastics paied off, ha ha.
It took me two afternoons out there to finish it all. I had most all the lights I needed but I had a few stands bite the dust that needed replacement. I hope that the kids get as much enjoyment out of the house decorations as I do as an adult. Lets hope that the lights hold up to the rain that Houston will be throwing at them!
It took me two afternoons out there to finish it all. I had most all the lights I needed but I had a few stands bite the dust that needed replacement. I hope that the kids get as much enjoyment out of the house decorations as I do as an adult. Lets hope that the lights hold up to the rain that Houston will be throwing at them!
No comments:
Post a Comment